this has barely been a blog lately but I’m popping in to say that I think it’s high time we finally lay down the burden of clothes unexpectedly made out of leather
leather overalls, leather skater skirts, leather trucker caps, leather crop tops—let the goths have it back maybe
update: exfoliated legs with evoo+sugar, am expecting to be whisked away to the heavens above on a bed of clouds any minute now
My hair is cute today
but today is disgusting
Friends! Thrift-o-Rama is turning 2!
On July 25, 2012, I posted my first outfit of the day. It’s crazy to think two years have gone by. I’m so honored by the love, support and friendship I’ve found in you people. Thank you for reading Thrift-o-Rama. Thank you for celebrating bodies and thrift stores and lipstick with me. I don’t have words for how much you’ve all touched me, I really don’t.
The best way I know how to thank you is to give away a thrifty gift. The winner gets:
1. You’re in Luck Dress in Lady Bug, size 2X. This dress is no longer available at ModCloth, period. It’s beautifully made and would probably best fit a size 18-20. Maybe a 22 if you’re small in the bust. I wish I was keeping it, but it’s too big for me. Tried on but never worn. I’ve included some pictures of me in the same dress in a different print for fit reference. Message me for exact measurements and details on the dress itself.
2. A portrait! See above for an example of my art, though I won’t rush through yours as I did mine.
3. “Mystery Thrift Store Jewelry.” This will be a surprise. Various strange necklaces and earrings thrifted in my travels will be sent to you. I hope you like them. The winner can tell me if they have pierced ears or allergies and I’ll do my best to oblige.
1. This is a gift to my followers. You must be following me.
2. US residents only, please. Sorry. International shipping is very very expensive. The winner needs to give me an address.
3. Likes and reblogs count, but you can only reblog once a day.
4. If the winner doesn’t respond within two days, I’ll pick someone else.
This giveaway ends Sunday, July 27th, 5PM central time, at which point a winner will be chosen at random.
yoooooooooo don’t forget to enter this junk
Sorry to bother you, but how you deal with bbw porn blogs following you? Because I just started a blog and I post photos of me and two started to follow me. I just want to put my weight loss photos and not be on a porn blog. Have a great night!^^
Anger. Asking them to stop. Spitting acid when they reblog my posts.
I hate them so much and I try to make it very very clear that I don’t want them following me. But I have to warn you—it doesn’t stop them completely. Some time ago I decided that I wasn’t going to let that chase me away from something I love, but I have nothing but love and understanding for people who feel like they have to back off to get away from these men online. JESUS it makes me mad.
classiclaugh said: Um, I never realized how close you live to me. We need to go thrifting ASAP!!
HANNAH CAN WE PLEASE
I haven't had good luck with finding plus-size dresses (well, CUTE plus-size dresses) at thrifts. I'm a person who needs to try things on before I buy, so I don't want to drop $70 on a ModCloth dress, hate it, and have to return it. Plus I am poor. Do you have recs for stores to find affordable, cute plus-size fashion?
Aw, babe. It’s hard. Sorry. :C
Check out those mid-level department stores! Depending on what size you wear, there’s a surprising variety of nice thing at like, Kohl’s. JC Penney can be nice, though it takes digging. Forever 21 is OK? Sometimes? Every once in a while K-Mart gets a celebrity to design a cute line, but I don’t know that they specifically carry plus sizes.Target’s plus size line is kind of embarrassing, but sometimes you’ll find something, especially if you happen to fit in an XL/XXL. I think Wet Seal has a plus size line now??? I think Dots has reopened? Then there’s outlet stores. Marshall’s and TJ Maxx are excellent, though I hardly ever go. People tell me that Nordstrom Rack can be cool, but I’ve never been.
Good luck! I hope that’s something to go on.
you are amazing, witty, smart. I love reading your posts because you're very funny and a good writer. and you also have amazing style and are super duper cute!!! basically i may have a secret crush on you
ok wow thank you wow
wanna get married
You have a Ouran Highschool Host Club picture on your wall! Haaa, amaze! I loved that show when I was 14, and just now started rewatching it half a year ago as a kind of (not really) guilty pleasure. Good times man, good times.
Man, I think I was 14 when I first watched the series, too! That poster has lived on various walls of mine these many years.
The show is terribly cute, but I find that I like the manga so much better. It’s a sweet story, and I think it explores gender in a really compelling way. Important to me.
Where are you from?
I grew up in a west Chicago suburb and have lived there all my life. That’s where I am now.
I go to school in Western Mass and spend most of the year there.